Who doesn’t love a good lunchable every now and then?
The Lunchables brand is the perfect alternative for the on the go guy or gal! What I don’t love is the lack of nutrition in each package. Looking at the sodium totals alone will skyrocket your blood pressure to Jupiter and back again!
Instead of spending money on the processed version, buy your own ingredients and put a healthier spin on this classic lunchtime favorite.
- Cruise by your local Deli and pick out your own meats: smoked turkey, chicken breast, honey glazed ham, etc. (you can also raid your refrigerator and use last night’s dinner leftovers.
- Purchase an amazing gourmet cheese.
- Add crackers/pita chips, chopped veggies, fruit, and finish it off with a feel good snack like granola, Greek yogurt, or half of a delicious pastry.
Salami and Cheese Bento Box:
- 1 oz unprocessed Cheese
- 1-2 ounces artisan Salami (can use another meat of your choosing)
- some gluten free, low salt Rice Crackers (or any crackers you wish)
- Leafy Salad Greens
- cut & cleaned veggies
- fresh fruit
- serving of granola
(recipe source: www.familyfreshcooking.com)
Mad About PB&J Medley:
- peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat
- side salad
- cottage cheese
- all natural bar from the panda brand
Get creative and have fun with this one ladies and gents! Healthy eating doesn’t have to be stifling and uninteresting.